Apple & SAP to Release Tool to Build Business Applications, Platforms, Features, Download From Play Store
Currently, most of SAP’s systems are used on personal computers rather than on mobile devices.
With growth in iPhone sales losing steam, Apple has increased its efforts to sell to large businesses. In 2014, Apple launched a partnership with IBM Corp to help build custom iOS applications for businesses. In 2016, Apple made a deal with Cisco to make iPhones work better on Cisco’s networking gear, and it also partnered with Deloitte & Touche LLP to encourage more businesses to build iOS applications.
Apple said earlier this year that developers made $20 billion from the App Store in 2016, an increase of 40 percent from 2015.
But according to App Annie, an analytics firm that tracks App Store metrics, iOS downloads were up only 12 percent in 2016 to 30 billion apps, and 80 percent of download growth for iOS apps came from China. Moreover, 75 percent of revenue generated in the App Store came from games, App Annie reported.
Business apps would represent new territory for many of these developers. And being able to run workplace software could also help Apple compete against Microsoft, whose Windows software still dominates in the corporate world.
- Dual Receiver Wireless Home Security Video Door Phone, Security Gadget, Specifications, Features, Best Price
- Lenovo Z51-70 Windows 10 Laptop, Specifications, Features, Best Price, Released Date
- For Honor Multiplayer Game Applications, Platforms, Features, Download From Play Store
- August Smart Lock Security Gadget, Specifications, Features, Best Price
- Best Android 2017 Travel Applications, Platforms, Features, Download Free From Play Store